[Snort-users] RE: Barnyard not inserting on ACID tables in MySQL, just regular

Dirk Geschke Dirk_Geschke at ...1344...
Thu Sep 2 00:57:01 EDT 2004

Hi Pedro,

> I've just took a peek at my two "blank" snort databases that I
> attempted to get working with barnyard, and this is strange... but the
> sensor table is completly empty in both..... so, there couldn't be a
> last_cid field... this means that barnyard fails to create new sensor
> entrys... anyway, it seems there's a bug laying here in barnyard...

I think there is a problem with the sensor_id keyword in barnyard.
If this is set then barnyard tries to get the information for this
sensor from the database. But if this sensor does not exist then
he will stop working instead of inserting it.

If you use "sensor_id" then remove this entry form the output log_acid_db
line and try it again...

Best regards

Dirk