[Snort-users] trying to get Snort to log to MYSQL on another box

Lance Boon lboon at ...11799...
Wed Sep 1 13:25:15 EDT 2004

Did you give your snort host permission on the mysql box? You can check
by  mysql -hx.x.x.x -usnort -p snort where x is the ip of your mysql box

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Larry
Wichman
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 1:22 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] trying to get Snort to log to MYSQL on another
box

Here is what I put in snort.conf to tell it to log to another box:
output database:log,mysql,user=root password=xxxxxxxx* dbname=snort
host=x.x.x.x

I start snort w/the following cmd: snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf

I get an error saying access denied, password=yes
I  got a pcap from the authentication attempt and snort is trying to log
in to the correct db as snort and WRSW\ZUS as the password. This is not
the password I specified in the snort.conf file. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Lawrence A. Wichman
2719 W Thomas
Apt 2