[Snort-users] Error starting snort sensor on RH

Jose Maria Lopez jkerouac at ...12346...
Wed Sep 1 12:17:18 EDT 2004

El mié, 01 de 09 de 2004 a las 10:58, Juan Fernandez escribió:
> I have a problem starting snort:
>

> root at ...12378... bin]# ./snort -v
>
> ./snort: error while loading shared libraries: libmysqlclient.so.12:
> cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

Snort can't find the mysql libraries, and it's compiled with the
mysql support. If you don't need the mysql support you can get
a binary without the mysql support, but if you need it then you
have to install this libraries or if you have them you have to
configure the system so snort can load them.

In a Redhat 9 if you have mysql installed you have the libraries
you need installed in the directory /usr/lib/mysql, so you should
add this directory to /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig or you can
make a link from this libraries to /usr/lib or another directory
that is included in /etc/ld.so.conf.

--
Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
Director Tecnico de bgSEC