[Snort-users] Using snort on a per-instance basis....archive databases

Paul Schmehl pauls at ...6838...
Sat Oct 30 15:30:10 EDT 2004

--On Friday, October 29, 2004 9:31 AM -0400 Jason Humes <jhumes at ...11232...>
wrote:

> I would love to be able to archive the database after each
> customer deployment and clean the database back to a pristine state.  Can
> this be done?  I've got webmin installed on this box if that helps me out
> at all.  Thanks.  Could I then, after archiving the database for
> customerX, pull that archive back up and run through acid for analysis?

You might want to try the perl script I wrote, with help from a couple of
other folks, for archiving a mysql/acid db.

http://www.ntsug.org/downloads.html

The tar file has a copy of the perl script, the config file and a readme.
If you have any questions, email me personally.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at ...6838...)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member