[Snort-users] Rule References in BASE

Nick Hatch nick at ...11410...
Fri Oct 29 19:21:18 EDT 2004

Kevin Johnson wrote:

>On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 17:18, Nick Hatch wrote:
>

>>[...]
>>
>>Anyone else seeen this? Any tips to getting URL references to work would
>>be great.
>>
>>-Nick
>>

>Hi-
>
>What version of BASE are you running?  0.9.9 has a fix from Joel Esler
>that should correct this problem.  If it isn't working for you, I would
>like to look into the issue because I agree that those need to work!
>
>Thanks
>Kevin

We're running 0.9.7.2 (dhara) from CVS. Our version of BASE was updated
today, but it didn't appear that .99 was in CVS yet. (None of the files
were tagged as being part of that release, and the frontend still
reports 0.9.7.2.)

If this problem is corrected in 0.9.9, I'll snag it as soon as I can and
give it a shot. Nice work! I had a really hard time describing what made
BASE different from ACID at first ("Uhhh, it forked, and stuff..."), but
now the difference is obvious.

-Nick