[Snort-users] Rule References in BASE

Nick Hatch nick at ...11410...
Fri Oct 29 14:19:13 EDT 2004

I've got an annoying problem I'm hoping someone knows the solution to.

I've been using BASE for a while, the line that lists the triggered
signature, eg "url[snort
<http://www.snort.org/snort-db/sid.html?sid=2001011>] BLEEDING-EDGE Worm
Zincite Probing port 1034" doesn't make the url references show up in a
clickable form. With bleeding snort rules, this is critical because the
[snort] link doesn't work at all due to the rules being unofficial.

I've poked around the Snort/BASE DB in the tables which deal with the
references, but I don't see anything obvious.

Anyone else seeen this? Any tips to getting URL references to work would
be great.

-Nick