[Snort-users] Instructions on Snort as Win2k Service?

Cilin cilin5 at ...131...
Mon Oct 25 10:39:01 EDT 2004

Aaron,

I would suggest avoiding relative paths and passing
the log directory as a parameter for the service.

Something like this:

"snort /SERVICE /INSTALL -c g:/snort/etc/snort.conf -l
 g:/snort/log"

--- Aaron Davies <agd12 at ...2868...> wrote:

> Where can I find instructions on setting up Snort as
> a Win2k service?
> I've tried simply calling "bin\snort /SERVICE
> /INSTALL -c
> etc\snort.conf", and it installed something in the
> registry, but when I
> go into the Services management console and try to
> start it, it fails
> as "Error 1067: The process terminated
> unexpectedly." I've tried to
> find docco on this on the website, but I'm not
> seeing it. Any help much
> appreciated!
> --
>      __                      __
>     /  )                    /  )

> on ITManagersJournal
> Use IT products in your business? Tell us what you
> think of them. Give us
> Your Opinions, Get Free ThinkGeek Gift Certificates!
> Click to find out more

=====
Fair-weather friends are no friends at all. If you have done something that some people find distasteful then expect them to tell you so. A true friend will let you know how they feel but respect your right to choose, while a fair-weather friend will judge you by your actions and leave.

"Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is Enlightenment." -Lao Tzu