[Snort-users] snort-mysql, ted database

Tim Slighter tslighter at ...5174...
Mon Oct 25 09:43:07 EDT 2004

On occasion something similar to this will happen on our systems.  It
usually resolves down to some syntax anomaly (not a syntax error) in the
snort.conf file like the use of custom variables or thresholds.  At
least that is the only time I have seen this happen over here.  Perhaps
try a very basic or stripped down conf file renamed to test.conf and
then issue 'snort -c test.conf -i eth1 -T', and see if the error takes
place, start adding subsequent lines from your snort.conf file into the
test.conf file and keep testing until the error takes place.  That
should provide you with a starting point for your analysis.