[Snort-users] Instructions on Snort as Win2k Service?

Mon Oct 25 08:34:00 EDT 2004

www.winsnort.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Davies [mailto:agd12 at ...2868...]
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 10:30 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Instructions on Snort as Win2k Service?

Where can I find instructions on setting up Snort as a Win2k service?
I've tried simply calling "bin\snort /SERVICE /INSTALL -c
etc\snort.conf", and it installed something in the registry, but when I
go into the Services management console and try to start it, it fails
as "Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly." I've tried to
find docco on this on the website, but I'm not seeing it. Any help much
appreciated!
--