[Snort-users] snort -T output

Shawn Kottke skottke at ...11993...
Mon Oct 25 06:47:04 EDT 2004

Try:

snort -T > /path/to/filename

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of hallian
hallian
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 8:25 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] snort -T output

Hi all -

When I update my rules I run snort -T to verify all my rules are GOOD.
But
there is no way for me to automate this process so that I can read the
ERROR
message to STDOUT to a file.   If the   snort -T does return ERROR then
want to reverse back to old rules.

HOw can I feedin the output from snort -T or snort -c
/etc/snort/snort.conf
-v to STD OUTPUT to a file.

Any ideas....
thanks