[Snort-users] Installing Mysql

prabu prabu333 at ...8908...
Sun Oct 24 22:44:02 EDT 2004

Hi,

>Is it possible to install mysql or compile in other location apart from /usr/local by making changes according during installation. Since my /usr partition is getting 100% >full becoz of which my snort does not function.

Yes,but can specfiy the location,where you want to install the mysql binaries as PREFIX switch to the configure script.

ie, #./configure --prefix=/path/where/you/want/to/install.

>Also , I could find some log files created in /usr/local/mysql/var  which seen to be occupying space can these be removed

Yes,logs are for your referene,so you can remove them or you can rotate logs to save spaces.

Senthil Prabu.S

Software Engineer,

www.visolve.com

---