[Snort-users] SNORT,ACID,MYSQL no alerts, please help....

zahid mohammed zahidmohtada at ...11827...
Sun Oct 24 21:34:01 EDT 2004

Hi,
When snort (running as a service), ACID and mysql are run, does the
snort log all the packets in the database or does it only log the
packets which have triggered the alerts????   I wanted to know this
because my ACID is not showing any alerts. And when I check the
database there is nothing logged in the database. I used third party
tools like NMAP for port scanning, but there are no alerts. The line
which I uncommented in snort is
"output database: log, mysql, user=root  dbname=snortdatabase
host=localhost". I gave no password here because the same thing is
given in mysql.ini and to the user(root) of snortdatabase created
using DBTOOLS. username = root, and the password line is commented.
Please help me in figuring out the problem.
Thank you,
Regards,
ZAHID.