[Snort-users] Snort from a live Distro, rolling logs? No internal storage...

Kevin Johnson kjohnson at ...12400...
Sat Oct 23 10:58:00 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 08:15, Jason Humes wrote:
> Hi
> So I've been given a pretty beefy server (with no internal storage) and was
> wondering if there is a live linux distro with snort and acid and mysql all
> ready to go ( I know that phlak has snort, but I'm not sure about the acid
> mysql part).  Also, is there any way to have snort use some sort of rolling
> log file (we've got 512MB of RAM and would like to use that for logging).
> Thanks for any help or ideas.
>
> --
>
> Jason

Hi-

I would recommend the Network Security Toolkit (
http://nst.sourceforge.net/nst/ )  It includes Snort, MySQL and ACID,
(BASE in the next version)  It sounds like it would meet your needs
perfectly.

Kevin
BASE Project Lead
The next step in IDS analysis!