[Snort-users] Dual home IDS? ACID and send email alerts on one, IDS on the other.

Jason Alexander lists at ...9901...
Sat Oct 23 07:16:06 EDT 2004

This is what everyone that I have ever known to use snort has done.  If
you have a low speed network you can get away with having all the process
(snort, http, PHP) on one box. But as you get to high speeds most people
split the database, httpd, and the sensors into seperate boxes.  This way
one processes doesn't impact the other. Once you do that you have to have
dual NICs in the sensor so they can talk to the database and snort at the
same time.

Jason