[Snort-users] yet, an other web interface.

Hakan Nebioglu lestat at ...12579...
Fri Oct 22 10:00:06 EDT 2004

hi,
a very good point i have stuck before, since;

1-The site http://lestat.lestat.org which u are assumed to download from, is
a working-exact  copy what u will download.[ie:snort, snortsam, nessus, ntop
engines are in operation at the backend]
Nothing more or less.
(The main idea of this project was also to create content for your company,
users, customers or whatever; not only administration of these engines but
sharing knowledge with these guys.)
Only that, if u login as a user of admin or customer ( for guys who has
limited accces for services u may provide) groups, menus on left changes and
U have a control of snort,snortsam and nessus also passwords and other
stuff.
Since userrights are designed for admin and customer levels,creating a demo
level user rights would changes all PHP's [about 75], that's why i gave
up..:)
Still, i am looking for an easy way to do it.
2-Screen shots are easy and i will do it, this weekend.
Hope they will be satisfying.
3-In fact, installing it, is about 20 mins, if u have snort, snortsam,
nessus, ntop, apache with php, mysql working already. :)
It is not more than installing postnuke only a few modules plus..

thanks for your comments,
h.