[Snort-users] No alerts on ACID

prabu prabu333 at ...8908...
Mon Oct 18 21:53:01 EDT 2004

> Hi
>
> Today I got the error mesg when I starting the acid console for the 1st
> time after restarting ,
>
> Warning: mysql_pconnect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through
> socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in
> /www/htdocs/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 335

This is the very basic step in working with any databases.You need to start
the mysql deamon (server),before accessing your database.

Fisrt of all,please spend sometime on working with basic mysql commands
and refer the mysql tutorials.Otherwise,it iwill be  nightmare connecting
snort with mysql.

Regards,
Prabu.S
Software Engineer,