[Snort-users] Snort on RH Enterprise Linux ES 2.1

Mon Oct 18 10:57:00 EDT 2004

I have not written a doc for 2.1, I had a source code install for RHEL 3.0 though. The doc for fedora core 2 should work on 2.1 with little modification.  It is an RPM based install and goes really smooth

-----Original Message-----
From: Shawn Kottke [mailto:skottke at ...11993...]
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 11:29 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Snort on RH Enterprise Linux ES 2.1

Check out www.snort.org/docs
There are many installation guides. Patrick S. Harper has written many easy to follow installation guides for installation onto many version of RH linux. Although your specific OS may not be mentioned I bet you could take one of the guides written by Patrick and use it successfully.
He also has his own web site www.interenetsecrityguru.com that you can check out.