[Snort-users] RE: Win2K Pro Sniffing

Jim Richards jrichards at ...11930...
Fri Oct 15 04:18:29 EDT 2004

You can find it here:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=snort-users&m=101111033932123&w=4

Jim

Original Message:

Let me apologize ahead of time if this has been posted before.

This is what I have:

Windows 2000 Professional
Running SNORT, ACID, etc.

1 x NIC (Management) Configured for a Management Console to our Firewall
(Logging)
1 x NIC (SnifferNET) Connected outside the firewall sniffing on a (Real) HUB

What I need to do is Stealth my SnifferNET so prying eyes will have a hard
time finding it. I actually found a site with registry Hacks that give the
NIC a 0.0.0.0 address and allow sniffing. Anybody know where or how to do
this? I don't remember the site and Browser History is of no help. I have
spent most of the day trying to find it to no avail...

I really didn't want to use the Windows box but, my Firewall management
software won't run on Linux and I am out of boxes to spare....

Mike French
MIS OnlineServices
754 Port America Place
Suite 150