[Snort-users] Snort-Gui Editing Rules

Jose Maria Lopez jkerouac at ...12346...
Thu Oct 14 15:01:31 EDT 2004

El mié, 29 de 09 de 2004 a las 20:07, Raffael Maio escribió:
> Hi guys,
>

> I’m searching for the best GUI interface to edit rules with snort. I
> have make research, and I find some good product I think like
> Snortcenter and Oinkmaster.

I don't know the actual state of snortcenter, but it was a little buggy
when I tried. Oinkmaster it's the best way to add rules to your snort
box, but it doesn't have a GUI. You can also check the Webmin module
for snort, but I think it's a little outdated.

> Are there another product ???

Maybe some commercial product like Demarc or Sourcefire software
can do that, but I have never checked, so I can't tell you.

> The product Acid, Squil, sntm are just for looking alerts in a GUI
> interface ???

Yes.

--
Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez