[Snort-users] Snort 2.2.0 Bug Report

Jeremy Hewlett jh at ...1935...
Thu Oct 14 08:47:20 EDT 2004

On Fri, Oct 01, g4m3cub3 _ wrote:
> Ummm when I use the command of C:\Snort\bin\snort -d -h
> 192.168.200.3/32 -l C:\Snort\log -c C:\Snort\etc\snort.conf I get
> this error that reads ERROR:  unknown preprocessor
> "α0c☺ag". Depending on what I put for a bitmask I get a

Most times I see this is when using a version of snort.conf that
wasn't intended for the version of snort being executed (ie: 2.0 conf
with 2.2 binary). Some preprocessors go away, and new ones are added
to take their place.

Having said that, I believe you're experiencing an issue that was
pointed out by Dennis George over on the devel list. The problem was
the error statement referencing freed memory. This fix will be in the
next release.