[Snort-users] Problems with BASE... Need some help

Joshua Berry jberry at ...11848...
Thu Oct 14 07:11:30 EDT 2004

The original ACID code has this in acid_db_common.php:

if ( !( ($version[0] >= 4)
	&& ( ( ($version[1] == 0) && ($version[2] >= 4) )
	|| ($version[1] > 0)  ) ) )
  {
     return "<FONT COLOR=\"#FF0000\">PHP ERROR</FONT>: ".
            "<B>Incompatible version</B>: <FONT>Version
".$current_php_version.
            " of PHP is too old.  Please upgrade to version 4.0.4 or
later</FONT>";
  }

Which you could change to:

  if ( !( ($version[0] >= 5) || ($version[0] >= 4)
	&& ( ( ($version[1] == 0) && ($version[2] >= 4) )
  {
     return "<FONT COLOR=\"#FF0000\">PHP ERROR</FONT>: ".
            "<B>Incompatible version</B>: <FONT>Version

		".$current_php_version.
            " of PHP is too old.  Please upgrade to version 4.0.4 or
later</FONT>";
  }

The original code checks for PHP version 4 with release number greater
than .0.4 but fails if the major version is greater than 4 and the minor
increments (.x.x) are lower than .0.4.