[Snort-users] trouble compiling MySQL

James Riden j.riden at ...11179...
Wed Oct 13 17:09:12 EDT 2004

Larry Wichman <larrywichman at ...131...> writes:

>    I am following Patrick Harper's Snort/Fedora Core1/Acid/MySQL doc and
>    I am having trouble compiling MySQL. The only thing I did differently
>    was I did not install a GUI (no KDE or X Windows) when I installed
>    Linux. I do not get any errors when I try to compile. Any thoughts?

1. If you don't get any errors, what's the problem?

2. You might get a better response on a mysql list

3. Why not use Fedora Core 1's pre-built rpms anyway? I did before I
   switched to postgresql and it went fairly well.

(NB: not meant to be rude, just terse :)
--
James Riden / j.riden at ...11179... / Systems Security Engineer