[Snort-users] Re: Snort compiled w/MySQL?

Larry Wichman larrywichman at ...131...
Wed Oct 13 09:15:03 EDT 2004

Thanks for the responses. I copied the client libraries over manually and recompiled Snort with the path to them. It seems to be working now.

Larry Wichman <larrywichman at ...131...> wrote:I want to have a snort box send alerts to a MySQL database on another box. Do I still need to compile it usisng "--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql"? If so, does this mean that I have to install MySQL on the Snort box even though it will be sending alerts to another box?

http://mail.yahoo.com

Cheers,
Lawrence A. Wichman2719 W ThomasApt 2
Chicago