[Snort-users] Re: CAUTION: Long Rant!!! Re: [Snort-sigs] Broken 1429.2 (POLICY poll.gotomypc.c

Wed Oct 13 06:10:56 EDT 2004

Thank you, excellent link. It should be on the subscribe e-mail when you
first join this list.  But then, the people that get the complaining
(the ones who do not do what is described in that doc) would not read it
in the first place :)

And from what I have heard, Brian is a very busy person.  And I think he
does a great job, and my thanks go out to him for all he has done for
the snort community.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason [mailto:security at ...5028...]
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 10:16 PM
To: Patrick S. Harper
Cc: 'M. Shirk'; snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net;
snort-sigs at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Re: CAUTION: Long Rant!!! Re: [Snort-sigs]
Broken 1429.2 (POLICY poll.gotomypc.c

I think Brain was simply being a busy person conveying information that
could have been worded to not afflict sensitive people. Unfortunately
that would have taken time away from his more pressing tasks of
supporting a huge community and doing his job at sourcefire. For all
reading... I have posted this link before and think it summarizes many
of the issue involved fairly well. It is certainly worth the read every
few months.

Disclaimer: