[Snort-users] Re: CAUTION: Long Rant!!! Re: [Snort-sigs] Broken 1429.2 (POLICY poll.gotomypc.c

M. Shirk shirkdog_linux at ...125...
Tue Oct 12 13:15:00 EDT 2004

Aside from that Juan guy from a month ago, everyone is cool.

(keep in mind to those that don't know, after he got his sensor up and
running through the daunting efforts of everyone on the snort-users list, he
started posting to pen-test at ...35... about pen-testing his network.
I think someone else caught it too:-))

Everyone collaborates, and everyone loves snort, that is all that is
required (in my opinion). But if someone does post that they can not create
the iso for fedora, or boot up the bootable cdrom, they deserved to be
tortured (from my moderating duty for a bootable linux distro, Hi Tebo!).
Its security, its the edge we all enjoy.

Tell me if this fits a general idea of the Snort community. I quote from the
book Absolute OpenBSD by Michael Lucas, Chapter 0, OpenBSD Users.

"The OpenBSD community generally expects users to be advanced computer
users. They have written extensive documentation about OpenBSD, and expect
people to be willing to read it. They're not interested in coddling new UNIX
  users and will say so if pressed. They don't object to new UNIX users
using OpenBSD, but do object to people asking them for basic UNIX help just
because they happen to be running OpenBSD."

I think this fits ( but that is my opionion), anyone who disagrees should be
sacked!

:-)

Shirkdog