[Snort-users] ACID and 2005

Kevin Johnson kjohnson at ...12400...
Sun Oct 10 07:25:06 EDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-10-10 at 05:52, Michael Schwartzkopff wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have version v0.9.6b23 of ACID running. But the years in the "search time"
> tab end 2004. Anybody knows if there will be a fix for next year? Any good
> hints for an alternative (no Windooze) ?
>
> Thanks for comments.
>
> - --
> Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff

Hi-

Yes there is an alternative.  We have taken the ACID code and forked it
into the BASE project.  It will run side by side with you ACID install
so that you can try it out without losing the system you are familiar
with.  Right now the functionality is almost identical but the next
version will be the start of the new functions such as user
authentication and role basing.  The next release also will fix the 2005
issue.  This version should be out any day now. (I know I know thats
always a release date<grin>)

Thanks
Kevin
BASE Project Lead