[Snort-users] Problems with BASE... Need some help

Kevin Johnson kjohnson at ...12400...
Sat Oct 9 18:01:57 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-09 at 17:45, Asceta wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I'm trying to install BASE- to check it's functionality and to improve my
> monitoring tools. I'm already using ACID for months without any troubles....
>

> When opening BASE page, getting blank page. When opening ACID- getting all I
> want. I've changed "base_conf.php" according to my current "acid_conf.php"
> and README informations included in BASE "docs" directory.
>
> I use apache with virtual server named toolbox (among others). I put some
> different tools in their own directories, so my URLs are:
>
> http://toolbox/acid/  for acid  (real path: /opt/www-root/acid/)
> http://toolbox/base/  for base (real path: /opt/www-root/base/)
>
> It seems that BASE can't locate it's 'includes'. From apache error log:

It would appear to me that your include path is set wrong.  Moving the
files to the root of the website won't work because the references in
the code are to the include/ directory. If you can't get it to work
after looking at your include dir, email me directly and I will try to
help you.

Kevin
BASE Project Lead
The next step in IDS analysis!