FW: [Snort-users] Snort Acid/Base PHP 5 Windows question

Kevin Johnson kjohnson at ...12400...
Sat Oct 9 08:09:00 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-08 at 21:35, Gasper, Rick wrote:
> More info (If anyone cares)
>

> OS windows 2003
>
> Php 5.02
>
> MYSQL verion 4.021
>
> I used the article at www.winsnort.com titled: Installing a complete
> IDS using IIS 5/6 Webserver
>

> My problem is that I get slow performance from Acid OR Base. It takes
> a long time for the web page to load.  I used those pieces because
> they were listed in the article available here:
> http://www.winsnort.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=listarticles&secid=9
>

> I installed Base because ACID doesn’t seem to be supported.
>
> I used the latest software where ever I could. I read the several
> articles about mysql support being pulled in PHP 5 and saw that the
> support is now done with extensions. I tried everything I could find
> and decided to ask if anyone has done this.
>

> Rick

Hi-

I am the lead developer on the BASE project and am glad to see you tried
it... I am not sure why you are getting slow response but I will try to
get a set up that looks like your and see if the problem reproduces
itself.  I am not sure how long that will take but shouldn't be too
long.

Kevin
BASE Project Lead
The next step in IDS analysis!