[Snort-users] Snort not capturing data

Ravi Verma ravi.verma at ...12525...
Thu Oct 7 19:08:45 EDT 2004

Dear Friends:

I am new to Snort. I have installed Snort on a Linux machine. I followed
the Snort Install Manual by (Saint) Patrick Harper and it was fairly
smooth.

Unfortunately Snort is not capturing any data. When I login into mysql
as the snort user, there is 0 records in the events table. I have ACID
running and that shows 0 sensor. Though the output from the sensor table
in the snort database has the following output.
+-----+-------------+-----------+--------+--------+----------+----------
+
| sid | hostname    | interface | filter | detail | encoding | last_cid

+-----+-------------+-----------+--------+--------+----------+----------
+|
|   3 | copper:eth0 | eth0      | NULL   |      1 |        0 |        0

+-----+-------------+-----------+--------+--------+----------+----------
+

I have put the output of the command  "snort -T -c /etc/snort/snort.conf
-i eth0 -g snort" and snort.conf file below.

I appreciate your help.

Running in IDS mode
Log directory = /var/log/snort

Initializing Network Interface eth0
OpenPcap() device eth0 network lookup:
        eth0: no IPv4 address assigned

        --== Initializing Snort ==--
Initializing Output Plugins!
Decoding Ethernet on interface eth0
Initializing Preprocessors!
Initializing Plug-ins!
Parsing Rules file /etc/snort/snort.conf

Initializing rule chains...
,-----------[Flow Config]----------------------
| Stats Interval:  0
| Hash Method:     2
| Memcap:          10485760
| Rows  :          4099
| Overhead Bytes:  16400(%0.16)
`----------------------------------------------
No arguments to frag2 directive, setting defaults to:
    Fragment timeout: 60 seconds
    Fragment memory cap: 4194304 bytes
    Fragment min_ttl:   0
    Fragment ttl_limit: 5
    Fragment Problems: 0
    Self preservation threshold: 500
    Self preservation period: 90
    Suspend threshold: 1000
    Suspend period: 30
Stream4 config:
    Stateful inspection: ACTIVE
    Session statistics: INACTIVE
    Session timeout: 30 seconds
    Session memory cap: 8388608 bytes
    State alerts: INACTIVE
    Evasion alerts: INACTIVE
    Scan alerts: INACTIVE
    Log Flushed Streams: INACTIVE
    MinTTL: 1
    TTL Limit: 5
    Async Link: 0
    State Protection: 0
    Self preservation threshold: 50
    Self preservation period: 90
    Suspend threshold: 200
    Suspend period: 30
Stream4_reassemble config:
    Server reassembly: INACTIVE
    Client reassembly: ACTIVE
    Reassembler alerts: ACTIVE
    Zero out flushed packets: INACTIVE
    flush_data_diff_size: 500
    Ports: 21 23 25 53 80 110 111 143 513 1433
    Emergency Ports: 21 23 25 53 80 110 111 143 513 1433
rpc_decode arguments:
    Ports to decode RPC on: 111 32771
    alert_fragments: INACTIVE
    alert_large_fragments: ACTIVE
    alert_incomplete: ACTIVE
    alert_multiple_requests: ACTIVE
telnet_decode arguments:
    Ports to decode telnet on: 21 23 25 119
database: compiled support for ( mysql )
database: configured to use mysql
database:          user = snort
database: password is set
database: database name = snort
database:          host = localhost
database:   sensor name = copper:eth0
database:     sensor id = 3
database: schema version = 106
database: using the "log" facility
1864 Snort rules read...
1864 Option Chains linked into 173 Chain Headers
0 Dynamic rules

Warning: flowbits key 'realplayer.playlist' is checked but not ever set.

+-----------------------[thresholding-config]---------------------------
-------
+-----------------------[thresholding-global]---------------------------
-------
+-----------------------[thresholding-local]----------------------------
-------
| gen-id=1      sig-id=2523      type=Both       tracking=dst count=10
seconds=10
| gen-id=1      sig-id=2496      type=Both       tracking=dst count=20
seconds=60
| gen-id=1      sig-id=2275       type=Threshold tracking=dst count=5
seconds=60
| gen-id=1      sig-id=2495      type=Both       tracking=dst count=20
seconds=60
| gen-id=1      sig-id=2494      type=Both       tracking=dst count=20
seconds=60
+-----------------------[suppression]-----------------------------------
-------
-------
Rule application order: ->activation->dynamic->alert->pass->log

        --== Initialization Complete ==--

-*> Snort! <*-
Version 2.2.0 (Build 30)
By Martin Roesch (roesch at ...1935..., www.snort.org)

Snort sucessfully loaded all rules and checked all rule chains!
Final Flow Statistics
,----[ FLOWCACHE STATS ]----------
Memcap: 10485760 Overhead Bytes 16400 used(%0.156403)/blocks (16400/1)
Overhead blocks: 1 Could Hold: (0)
IPV4 count: 0 frees: 0 low_time: 0, high_time: 0, diff: 0h:00:00s
    finds: 0 reversed: 0(%0.000000)
    find_sucess: 0 find_fail: 0 percent_success: (%0.000000) new_flows:
0
Snort exiting
database: Closing connection to database ""

### snort.conf file ####
#--------------------------------------------------
#
#   http://www.snort.org     Snort 2.1.0 Ruleset
#     Contact: snort-sigs at lists.sourceforge.net
#--------------------------------------------------
# $Id: snort.conf,v 1.142.2.2 2004/08/05 18:55:37 jhewlett Exp $ #
# This file contains a sample snort configuration.
# You can take the following steps to create your own custom
configuration: # #  1) Set the network variables for your network #  2)
Configure preprocessors #  3) Configure output plugins #  4) Customize
your rule set # ###################################################
# Step #1: Set the network variables:
#
# You must change the following variables to reflect your local network.
The # variable is currently setup for an RFC 1918 address space. # # You
can specify it explicitly as:
#
# var HOME_NET 10.1.1.0/24
#
# or use global variable $<interfacename>_ADDRESS which will be always #
initialized to IP address and netmask of the network interface which you
run # snort at.  Under Windows, this must be specified as #
$(<interfacename>_ADDRESS), such as: #
$(\Device\Packet_{12345678-90AB-CDEF-1234567890AB}_ADDRESS)
#
# var HOME_NET $eth0_ADDRESS
#
# You can specify lists of IP addresses for HOME_NET
# by separating the IPs with commas like this:
#
# var HOME_NET [10.1.1.0/24,192.168.1.0/24]
#
# MAKE SURE YOU DON'T PLACE ANY SPACES IN YOUR LIST!
#
# or you can specify the variable to be any IP address
# like this:

var HOME_NET any

# Set up the external network addresses as well.  A good start may be
"any" var EXTERNAL_NET any

# Configure your server lists.  This allows snort to only look for
attacks to # systems that have a service up.  Why look for HTTP attacks
if you are not # running a web server?  This allows quick filtering
based on IP addresses # These configurations MUST follow the same
configuration scheme as defined # above for $HOME_NET.

# List of DNS servers on your network
var DNS_SERVERS $HOME_NET

# List of SMTP servers on your network
var SMTP_SERVERS $HOME_NET

# List of web servers on your network
var HTTP_SERVERS $HOME_NET

# List of sql servers on your network
var SQL_SERVERS $HOME_NET

# List of telnet servers on your network
var TELNET_SERVERS $HOME_NET

# List of snmp servers on your network
var SNMP_SERVERS $HOME_NET

# Configure your service ports.  This allows snort to look for attacks
destined # to a specific application only on the ports that application
runs on.  For # example, if you run a web server on port 8081, set your
HTTP_PORTS variable # like this: # # var HTTP_PORTS 8081 # # Port lists
must either be continuous [eg 80:8080], or a single port [eg 80]. # We
will adding support for a real list of ports in the future.

# Ports you run web servers on
#
# Please note:  [80,8080] does not work.
# If you wish to define multiple HTTP ports,
#
## var HTTP_PORTS 80
## include somefile.rules
## var HTTP_PORTS 8080
## include somefile.rules
var HTTP_PORTS 80

# Ports you want to look for SHELLCODE on.
var SHELLCODE_PORTS !80

# Ports you do oracle attacks on
var ORACLE_PORTS 1521

# other variables
#
# AIM servers.  AOL has a habit of adding new AIM servers, so instead of
# modifying the signatures when they do, we add them to this list of
servers. var AIM_SERVERS
[64.12.24.0/24,64.12.25.0/24,64.12.26.14/24,64.12.28.0/24,64.12.29.0/24,
64.12.161.0/24,64.12.163.0/24,205.188.5.0/24,205.188.9.0/24]

# Path to your rules files (this can be a relative path)
# Note for Windows users:  You are advised to make this an absolute
path, # such as:  c:\snort\rules var RULE_PATH /etc/snort

# Configure the snort decoder
# ============================
#
# Snort's decoder will alert on lots of things such as header
# truncation or options of unusual length or infrequently used tcp
options # # # Stop generic decode events: # # config
disable_decode_alerts # # Stop Alerts on experimental TCP options # #
config disable_tcpopt_experimental_alerts
#
# Stop Alerts on obsolete TCP options
#
# config disable_tcpopt_obsolete_alerts
#
# Stop Alerts on T/TCP alerts
#
# In snort 2.0.1 and above, this only alerts when a TCP option is
detected # that shows T/TCP being actively used on the network.  If this
is normal # behavior for your network, disable the next option. # #
config disable_tcpopt_ttcp_alerts # # Stop Alerts on all other TCPOption
type events: # # config disable_tcpopt_alerts # # Stop Alerts on invalid
ip options # # config disable_ipopt_alerts

# Configure the detection engine
# ===============================
#
# Use a different pattern matcher in case you have a machine with very
limited # resources: # # config detection: search-method lowmem

# Step #2: Configure preprocessors
#
# General configuration for preprocessors is of
# the form
# preprocessor <name_of_processor>: <configuration_options>

# Configure Flow tracking module
# -------------------------------
#
# The Flow tracking module is meant to start unifying the state keeping
# mechanisms of snort into a single place. Right now, only a portscan
detector # is implemented but in the long term,  many of the stateful
subsystems of # snort will be migrated over to becoming flow plugins.
This must be enabled # for flow-portscan to work correctly. # # See
README.flow for additional information # preprocessor flow:
stats_interval 0 hash 2

# frag2: IP defragmentation support
# -------------------------------
# This preprocessor performs IP defragmentation.  This plugin will also
detect # people launching fragmentation attacks (usually DoS) against
hosts.  No # arguments loads the default configuration of the
preprocessor, which is a 60 # second timeout and a 4MB fragment buffer.

# The following (comma delimited) options are available for frag2
#    timeout [seconds] - sets the number of [seconds] that an unfinished

#                        fragment will be kept around waiting for
completion,
#                        if this time expires the fragment will be
flushed
#    memcap [bytes] - limit frag2 memory usage to [number] bytes
#                      (default:  4194304)
#
#    min_ttl [number] - minimum ttl to accept
#
#    ttl_limit [number] - difference of ttl to accept without alerting
#                         will cause false positves with router flap
#
# Frag2 uses Generator ID 113 and uses the following SIDS
# for that GID:
#  SID     Event description
# -----   -------------------
#   1       Oversized fragment (reassembled frag > 64k bytes)
#   2       Teardrop-type attack

preprocessor frag2

# stream4: stateful inspection/stream reassembly for Snort
# Use in concert with the -z [all|est] command line switch to defeat
stick/snot # against TCP rules.  Also performs full TCP stream
reassembly, stateful # inspection of TCP streams, etc.  Can statefully
detect various portscan # types, fingerprinting, ECN, etc.

# stateful inspection directive
# no arguments loads the defaults (timeout 30, memcap 8388608) # options
(options are comma delimited):
#   detect_scans - stream4 will detect stealth portscans and generate
alerts
#                  when it sees them when this option is set
#   detect_state_problems - detect TCP state problems, this tends to be
very
#                           noisy because there are a lot of crappy ip
stack
#                           implementations out there
#
#   disable_evasion_alerts - turn off the possibly noisy mitigation of
#                            overlapping sequences.
#
#
#   min_ttl [number]       - set a minium ttl that snort will accept to
#                            stream reassembly
#
#   ttl_limit [number]     - differential of the initial ttl on a
session versus
#                             the normal that someone may be playing
games.
#                             Routing flap may cause lots of false
positives.
#
#   keepstats [machine|binary] - keep session statistics, add "machine"
#                         get them in a flat format for machine reading,
add
#                         "binary" to get them in a unified binary
output
#                         format
#   noinspect - turn off stateful inspection only
#   timeout [number] - set the session timeout counter to [number]
seconds,
#                      default is 30 seconds
#   memcap [number] - limit stream4 memory usage to [number] bytes
#   log_flushed_streams - if an event is detected on a stream this
option will
#                         cause all packets that are stored in the
stream4
#                         packet buffers to be flushed to disk.  This
only
#                         works when logging in pcap mode!
#
# Stream4 uses Generator ID 111 and uses the following SIDS
# for that GID:
#  SID     Event description
# -----   -------------------
#   1       Stealth activity
#   2       Evasive RST packet
#   3       Evasive TCP packet retransmission
#   4       TCP Window violation
#   5       Data on SYN packet
#   6       Stealth scan: full XMAS
#   7       Stealth scan: SYN-ACK-PSH-URG
#   8       Stealth scan: FIN scan
#   9       Stealth scan: NULL scan
#   10      Stealth scan: NMAP XMAS scan
#   11      Stealth scan: Vecna scan
#   12      Stealth scan: NMAP fingerprint scan stateful detect
#   13      Stealth scan: SYN-FIN scan
#   14      TCP forward overlap

preprocessor stream4: disable_evasion_alerts

# tcp stream reassembly directive
# no arguments loads the default configuration
#   Only reassemble the client,
#   Only reassemble the default list of ports (See below),
#   Give alerts for "bad" streams
#
# Available options (comma delimited):
#   clientonly - reassemble traffic for the client side of a connection
only
#   serveronly - reassemble traffic for the server side of a connection
only
#   both - reassemble both sides of a session
#   noalerts - turn off alerts from the stream reassembly stage of
stream4
#   ports [list] - use the space separated list of ports in [list],
"all"
#                  will turn on reassembly for all ports, "default" will
turn
#                  on reassembly for ports 21, 23, 25, 53, 80, 143, 110,
111
#                  and 513

preprocessor stream4_reassemble

# http_inspect: normalize and detect HTTP traffic and protocol anomalies
# # lots of options available here. See doc/README.http_inspect. #
unicode.map should be wherever your snort.conf lives, or given # a full
path to where snort can find it. # preprocessor http_inspect: global \
#    iis_unicode_map unicode.map 1252

# preprocessor http_inspect_server: server default \
#    profile all ports { 80 8080 8180 } oversize_dir_length 500

#
#  Example unqiue server configuration
#
#preprocessor http_inspect_server: server 1.1.1.1 \
#    ports { 80 3128 8080 } \
#    flow_depth 0 \
#    ascii no \
#    double_decode yes \
#    non_rfc_char { 0x00 } \
#    chunk_length 500000 \
#    non_strict \
#    oversize_dir_length 300 \
#    no_alerts

# rpc_decode: normalize RPC traffic
# ---------------------------------
# RPC may be sent in alternate encodings besides the usual 4-byte
encoding # that is used by default. This plugin takes the port numbers
that RPC # services are running on as arguments - it is assumed that the
given ports # are actually running this type of service. If not, change
the ports or turn # it off. # The RPC decode preprocessor uses generator
ID 106 # # arguments: space separated list # alert_fragments - alert on
any rpc fragmented TCP data # no_alert_multiple_requests - don't alert
when >1 rpc query is in a packet # no_alert_large_fragments - don't
alert when the fragmented
#                            sizes exceed the current packet size
# no_alert_incomplete - don't alert when a single segment
#                       exceeds the current packet size

preprocessor rpc_decode: 111 32771

# bo: Back Orifice detector
# -------------------------
# Detects Back Orifice traffic on the network.  Takes no arguments in
2.0. #
# The Back Orifice detector uses Generator ID 105 and uses the
# following SIDS for that GID:
#  SID     Event description
# -----   -------------------
#   1       Back Orifice traffic detected

preprocessor bo

# telnet_decode: Telnet negotiation string normalizer
# ---------------------------------------------------
# This preprocessor "normalizes" telnet negotiation strings from telnet
and ftp # traffic.  It works in much the same way as the http_decode
preprocessor, # searching for traffic that breaks up the normal data
stream of a protocol and # replacing it with a normalized representation
of that traffic so that the # "content" pattern matching keyword can
work without requiring modifications. # This preprocessor requires no
arguments. # Portscan uses Generator ID 109 and does not generate any
SID currently.

preprocessor telnet_decode

# Flow-Portscan: detect a variety of portscans
# ---------------------------------------
# Note:  The Flow preprocessor (above) must first be enabled for
Flow-Portscan to # work. # # This module detects portscans based off of
flow creation in the flow # preprocessors.  The goal is to catch
one->many hosts and one->many # ports scans. # # Flow-Portscan has
numerous options available, please read # README.flow-portscan for help
configuring this option.

# Flow-Portscan uses Generator ID 121 and uses the following SIDS for
that GID:
#  SID     Event description
# -----   -------------------
#   1       flow-portscan: Fixed Scale Scanner Limit Exceeded
#   2       flow-portscan: Sliding Scale Scanner Limit Exceeded
#   3       flow-portscan: Fixed Scale Talker Limit Exceeded
#   4	    flow-portscan: Sliding Scale Talker Limit Exceeded

# preprocessor flow-portscan: \
#	talker-sliding-scale-factor 0.50 \
#	talker-fixed-threshold 30 \
#	talker-sliding-threshold 30 \
#	talker-sliding-window 20 \
#	talker-fixed-window 30 \
#	scoreboard-rows-talker 30000 \
#	server-watchnet [10.2.0.0/30] \
#	server-ignore-limit 200 \
#	server-rows 65535 \
#	server-learning-time 14400 \
#	server-scanner-limit 4 \
#	scanner-sliding-window 20 \
#	scanner-sliding-scale-factor 0.50 \
#	scanner-fixed-threshold 15 \
#	scanner-sliding-threshold 40 \
#	scanner-fixed-window 15 \
#	scoreboard-rows-scanner 30000 \
#	src-ignore-net [192.168.1.1/32,192.168.0.0/24] \
#	dst-ignore-net [10.0.0.0/30] \
#	alert-mode once \
#	output-mode msg \
#	tcp-penalties on

# arpspoof
#----------------------------------------
# Experimental ARP detection code from Jeff Nathan, detects ARP attacks,
# unicast ARP requests, and specific ARP mapping monitoring.  To make
use of # this preprocessor you must specify the IP and hardware address
of hosts on # the same layer 2 segment as you.  Specify one host IP MAC
combo per line. # Also takes a "-unicast" option to turn on unicast ARP
request detection.
# Arpspoof uses Generator ID 112 and uses the following SIDS for that
GID:

#  SID     Event description
# -----   -------------------
#   1       Unicast ARP request
#   2       Etherframe ARP mismatch (src)
#   3       Etherframe ARP mismatch (dst)
#   4       ARP cache overwrite attack

#preprocessor arpspoof
#preprocessor arpspoof_detect_host: 192.168.40.1 f0:0f:00:f0:0f:00

# Performance Statistics
# ----------------------
# Documentation for this is provided in the Snort Manual.  You should
read it. # It is included in the release distribution as
doc/snort_manual.pdf #
# preprocessor perfmonitor: time 300 file /var/snort/snort.stats pktcnt
10000

# Step #3: Configure output plugins
#
# Uncomment and configure the output plugins you decide to use.  General
# configuration for output plugins is of the form: # # output
<name_of_plugin>: <configuration_options> # # alert_syslog: log alerts
to syslog # ----------------------------------
# Use one or more syslog facilities as arguments.  Win32 can also
optionally # specify a particular hostname/port.  Under Win32, the
default hostname is # '127.0.0.1', and the default port is 514. # #
[Unix flavours should use this format...] # output alert_syslog:
LOG_AUTH LOG_ALERT # # [Win32 can use any of these formats...] # output
alert_syslog: LOG_AUTH LOG_ALERT # output alert_syslog: host=hostname,
LOG_AUTH LOG_ALERT # output alert_syslog: host=hostname:port, LOG_AUTH
LOG_ALERT

# log_tcpdump: log packets in binary tcpdump format
# -------------------------------------------------
# The only argument is the output file name.
#
output log_tcpdump: tcpdump.log

# database: log to a variety of databases
# ---------------------------------------
# See the README.database file for more information about configuring #
and using this plugin. # output database: log, mysql, user=snort
password=google dbname=snort host=localhost # output database: alert,
postgresql, user=snort dbname=snort # output database: log, odbc,
user=snort dbname=snort # output database: log, mssql, dbname=snort
user=snort password=test # output database: log, oracle, dbname=snort
user=snort password=test

# unified: Snort unified binary format alerting and logging
# -------------------------------------------------------------
# The unified output plugin provides two new formats for logging and
generating # alerts from Snort, the "unified" format.  The unified
format is a straight # binary format for logging data out of Snort that
is designed to be fast and # efficient.  Used with barnyard (the new
alert/log processor), most of the # overhead for logging and alerting to
various slow storage mechanisms such as # databases or the network can
now be avoided.
#
# Check out the spo_unified.h file for the data formats.
#
# Two arguments are supported.
#    filename - base filename to write to (current time_t is appended)
#    limit    - maximum size of spool file in MB (default: 128)
#
# output alert_unified: filename snort.alert, limit 128
# output log_unified: filename snort.log, limit 128

# You can optionally define new rule types and associate one or more
output # plugins specifically to that type. # # This example will create
a type that will log to just tcpdump. # ruletype suspicious # {
#   type log
#   output log_tcpdump: suspicious.log
# }
#
# EXAMPLE RULE FOR SUSPICIOUS RULETYPE:
# suspicious tcp $HOME_NET any -> $HOME_NET 6667 (msg:"Internal IRC
Server";) # # This example will create a rule type that will log to
syslog and a mysql # database: # ruletype redalert # {
#   type alert
#   output alert_syslog: LOG_AUTH LOG_ALERT
#   output database: log, mysql, user=snort dbname=snort host=localhost
# }
#
# EXAMPLE RULE FOR REDALERT RULETYPE:
# redalert tcp $HOME_NET any -> $EXTERNAL_NET 31337 \
#   (msg:"Someone is being LEET"; flags:A+;)

#
# Include classification & priority settings
# Note for Windows users:  You are advised to make this an absolute
path, # such as:  c:\snort\etc\classification.config
#

include classification.config

#
# Include reference systems
# Note for Windows users:  You are advised to make this an absolute
path, # such as:  c:\snort\etc\reference.config #

include reference.config

# Step #4: Customize your rule set
#
# Up to date snort rules are available at http://www.snort.org # # The
snort web site has documentation about how to write your own custom
snort # rules. # # The rules included with this distribution generate
alerts based on on # suspicious activity. Depending on your network
environment, your security # policies, and what you consider to be
suspicious, some of these rules may # either generate false positives
ore may be detecting activity you consider to # be acceptable;
therefore, you are encouraged to comment out rules that are # not
applicable in your environment. # # The following individuals
contributed many of rules in this distribution. # # Credits:
#   Ron Gula <rgula at ...922...> of Network Security Wizards
#   Max Vision <vision at ...4...>
#   Martin Markgraf <martin at ...923...>
#   Fyodor Yarochkin <fygrave at ...121...>
#   Nick Rogness <nick at ...176...>
#   Jim Forster <jforster at ...176...>
#   Scott McIntyre <scott at ...315...>
#   Tom Vandepoel <Tom.Vandepoel at ...271...>
#   Brian Caswell <bmc at ...950...>
#   Zeno <admin at ...4494...>
#   Ryan Russell <ryan at ...35...>

#=========================================
# Include all relevant rulesets here
#
# The following rulesets are disabled by default:
#
#   web-attacks, backdoor, shellcode, policy, porn, info, icmp-info,
virus,
#   chat, multimedia, and p2p
#
# These rules are either site policy specific or require tuning in order
to not # generate false positive alerts in most enviornments. #
# Please read the specific include file for more information and #
README.alert_order for how rule ordering affects how alerts are
triggered. #=========================================

include $RULE_PATH/local.rules
include $RULE_PATH/bad-traffic.rules
include $RULE_PATH/exploit.rules
include $RULE_PATH/scan.rules
include $RULE_PATH/finger.rules
include $RULE_PATH/ftp.rules
include $RULE_PATH/telnet.rules
include $RULE_PATH/rpc.rules
include $RULE_PATH/rservices.rules
include $RULE_PATH/dos.rules
include $RULE_PATH/ddos.rules
include $RULE_PATH/dns.rules
include $RULE_PATH/tftp.rules

include $RULE_PATH/web-cgi.rules
include $RULE_PATH/web-coldfusion.rules
include $RULE_PATH/web-iis.rules
include $RULE_PATH/web-frontpage.rules
include $RULE_PATH/web-misc.rules
include $RULE_PATH/web-client.rules
include $RULE_PATH/web-php.rules

include $RULE_PATH/sql.rules
include $RULE_PATH/x11.rules
include $RULE_PATH/icmp.rules
include $RULE_PATH/netbios.rules
include $RULE_PATH/misc.rules
include $RULE_PATH/attack-responses.rules
include $RULE_PATH/oracle.rules
include $RULE_PATH/mysql.rules
include $RULE_PATH/snmp.rules

include $RULE_PATH/smtp.rules
include $RULE_PATH/imap.rules
include $RULE_PATH/pop2.rules
include $RULE_PATH/pop3.rules

include $RULE_PATH/nntp.rules
include $RULE_PATH/other-ids.rules
# include $RULE_PATH/web-attacks.rules
# include $RULE_PATH/backdoor.rules
# include $RULE_PATH/shellcode.rules
# include $RULE_PATH/policy.rules
# include $RULE_PATH/porn.rules
# include $RULE_PATH/info.rules
# include $RULE_PATH/icmp-info.rules
 include $RULE_PATH/virus.rules
# include $RULE_PATH/chat.rules
# include $RULE_PATH/multimedia.rules
# include $RULE_PATH/p2p.rules
include $RULE_PATH/experimental.rules

# Include any thresholding or suppression commands. See threshold.conf
in the # <snort src>/etc directory for details. Commands don't
necessarily need to be # contained in this conf, but a separate conf
makes it easier to maintain them.
# Note for Windows users:  You are advised to make this an absolute
path, # such as:  c:\snort\etc\threshold.conf # Uncomment if needed. #
include threshold.conf