[Snort-users] Snort on linux, under VMWare ESX

Eric Hines eric.hines at ...8860...
Thu Oct 7 15:10:05 EDT 2004

Sam,

We run Snort with Applied Watch in VMWare Server and Workstation on a
routine basis and have had other customers do so in a production
environment. I actually just did a deployment of our software with Snort on
a VMWare GSX Server on a GiGE link and we have not seen any degradation in
performance of Snort. Vmware is a beautiful thing :)

Best Regards,

Eric Hines, GCIA, CISSP
Applied Watch Technologies, Inc.
http://www.appliedwatch.com