[Snort-users] No Alerts Being Generated

sekure sekure at ...11827...
Wed Oct 6 09:35:15 EDT 2004

Andrew,

Let's go back to the basics...  Try running snort in packet sniffer
mode, dumping the traffic to console: "snort -devi <int>".  Obviously
substitute your interface name for <int>.  You should quickly see if
Snort is seeing ANY traffic at all.... Speaking of which, are you
specifying an interface on the command line when you try to run snort
in nids mode???  That could be your problem.