[Snort-users] Re: [Barnyard-users] Barnyard alert_fast and log_dump question ...

sam at ...5202... sam at ...5202...
Tue Oct 5 07:41:17 EDT 2004

Yes, it does.  That was my confusion as well..  If I use just the
alert_fast processor, then none of the packet payload or other information
gets dumped into the mysql database.  If I use the log_dump processor,
then everything about the packet (including timestamp, payload, etc. etc.)
get dumped into Mysql, and additionally the flat file, but nothing through
syslog.

It seems like it has the information it needs..