[Snort-users] How To Mirror/Monitor T1 and VPN Traffic w/Cisco Routers?

twig les twigles at ...131...
Mon Oct 4 11:59:48 EDT 2004

--- Matt Kettler <mkettler at ...4108...> wrote:

> At 11:09 AM 10/4/2004, McCash, John wrote:
> >         Is there a way to have a router span or mirror
> traffic to
> >another interface the same way that a switch can? Or can it
> somehow
> >directly copy the datastream to somewhere else on the LAN?

The only way I know of to do this is if you have a switch with a
route switch processor, which is possible in larger switches
like the 6500s.

=====
With a few exceptions, secrecy is deeply incompatible with
democracy and with science.
     --Carl Sagan
http://www.projectcensored.org/publications/2005/index.html