[Snort-users] Acid does not respond to hostname, only ip address.

Lyndon Tiu ltiu at ...12200...
Fri Oct 1 14:37:57 EDT 2004

Hello,

I have a weird problem here.

I have DNS and /etc/hosts file configured.

I can ping the hostname of the snort machine running acid.

I can browse to the apache index.html of the snort machine running acid on apache using the hostname (and ip address as well).

BUT,

I cannot seem to get to the acid main php page using the hostname. I can only get to it using ip address.

Here's the weird thing, a few month ago, I had a similar problem but it was the opposite. I cannot see the acid page using ip address but I can only see it using hostnames.

The only thing that changed is that I moved the snort box to a different LAN, BUT DNS and /etc/hosts are the same and I have /etc/resolv.conf configured to the correct nameserver and I can nslookup the snort machine fine from different computers.

Any suggestions as to what I am missing?

Thanks.

--

Lyndon Tiu