[Snort-users] Help me choose which system to run snort on.

Tue Nov 30 01:29:16 EST 2004

--On 30 November 2004 00:58 -0600 "Harper, Patrick"
<patrick.harper at ...11593...> wrote:

> Snort is not multi processor aware, I would go with he faster box.

Why are you planning on running Snort on the backend database server, given
that you have 6 sensors already?

Assuming that this is unnecessary, I'd agree with the OP's assessment than
the dual processor machine would be best; hopefully Apache and the PHP apps
will end up running on one processor, and MySQL and barnyard on the other.

> Thanks,
> Barry

Best Regards,
Alex.