[Snort-users] Help me choose which system to run snort on.

Basselgia, Barry A Mr (NAF Atsugi) BABasselgia at ...12104...
Mon Nov 29 22:07:00 EST 2004

I'm building an IDS network, I'll end up with about 6 snort sensors feeding
back to a snort server.

The snort server will be running:

Linux
mysql
apache
snort
barnyard
acid/base
open aanval

There are 2 servers available and I've been given my choice.  Basically, the
servers are the same with regard to memory and hard drives.  The difference
is that one is a dual processor system with 2 x 1 GHz processors and the
other is a single processor system with a 2 GHz processor.

I'm kind of leaning towards the dual processor system, but I wanted to see
if anyone had any suggestions before I made up my mind.

Thanks,
Barry