[Snort-users] Snort PID

Jose Maria Lopez jkerouac at ...12346...
Sun Nov 28 03:56:37 EST 2004

El mié, 24 de 11 de 2004 a las 16:55, McKeeman, Samuel escribió:
> Does anyone know if snort dumps the process id into a file when it is
> started.  If it does what is the filename?
>
> Thanks
>

> Sam

I think it depends on the distribution you are using, because
the file is created by the starting script that loads snort.
In my Redhat 9 the script /etc/rc.d/init.d/snortd creates a
file /var/run/snort_any.pid with the pid of the snort process.

--
Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
Director Tecnico de bgSEC

like fabulous yellow Roman candles.