[Snort-users] Base vs. Acid

Kevin Johnson kjohnson at ...12400...
Sat Nov 27 15:33:11 EST 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-27 at 12:34, James Lay wrote:
> I quickly tried out Base....anticipating a greater search year then 2004,
> but alas, that restriction is still in place =(  Any idea when this will be
> updated?
>
> James

Hi-

This is not actually accurate.  Unlike ACID, BASE dynamically generates
the year drop down.  That way, it doesn't have to be modified each year
to handle that year in searches.  If you would like to test it, you can
change the date on your server, but I do not recommend this.<grin>

Thanks
Kevin
BASE Project Lead
http://base.secureideas.net