[Snort-users] Base vs. Acid

Esler, Joel - Contractor joel.esler at ...9426...
Fri Nov 26 09:01:43 EST 2004

P.S. you don't have to mod any source code to run BASE too.  ;)

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Esler,
Joel - Contractor
Sent: Friday, November 26, 2004 11:50 AM
To: Stef; snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Base vs. Acid

If you have went through the trouble of installing and configuring
Sguil, then there may be no need to use BASE or ACID.  Not having Sguil
at my disposal right now though, I can't compare.

BASE is accessible from any computer regardless of Windows or *nix,
without any additional installed software (because it is web based) And
it's easy to set up. Probably the two biggest factors

Joel