[Snort-users] Advice on quad ethernet card

Patrick Marquetecken patrick.marquetecken at ...1187...
Fri Nov 19 12:16:06 EST 2004

Hi,

At my work they are thinking of replacing 3 snort machines by one with a quad Ethernet card, witch will sniff 3 different lan's.
The network is only 100Mbit, will there not a lot of dropped packages this way, and they must all send there data with barnyard to a remote mysql server.
Is it also possible to see in the Database from witch sensor the data is from?

TIA
Patrick

--
"Please, Spock, do me a favor ... 'n' don't say it's `fascinating'..."
"No... but it is... interesting..." -- Spock

Fingerprint = 2792 057F C445 9486 F932 3AEA D3A3 1B0C 1059 273B
ICQ# 316932703
Registered Linux User #44550
http://counter.li.org