[Snort-users] slow transfers from a samba share

Jose Maria Lopez jkerouac at ...12346...
Fri Nov 19 11:34:03 EST 2004

El jue, 18 de 11 de 2004 a las 19:03, Jason Haar escribió:
> Well yes... but now you no longer have a NIDS - you have a HIDS...
>
> (roughly speaking)

Yes, unless you are using the snort machine as a gateway
and only want to view the traffic that passes through the
gateway. I use it this way and I don't want to view the
traffic in the LAN, just the traffic going through the
gateway.

--
Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
Director Tecnico de bgSEC