[Snort-users] Patrick Guide

Jose Costa joselpcosta at ...6873...
Fri Nov 19 11:19:11 EST 2004

I´m following Patric Patrick S. Harper guide and I´m
getting this error on /var/log/messages:

snort: database: 'mssql' support is not compiled into
this build of snort
snort: FATAL ERROR: If this build of snort was
obtained as a binary distribution
(e.g., rpm, or Windows), then check for alternate
builds that contains the necessary
'mssql' support.  If this build of snort was compiled
by you, then re-run the the
 ./configure script using the '--with-mssql' switch.
For non-standard installations
of a database, the '--with-mssql=DIR' syntax may need
to be used to specify the base
directory of the DB install.  See the database
documentation for cursory details
(doc/README.database). and the URL to the most recent
database plugin documentation.
kernel: device eth0 left promiscuous mode

I used wget to download it from the place that is in
the manual,

Thanks,

Jose Costa