[Snort-users] Snort and Postgress

James Riden j.riden at ...11179...
Thu Nov 18 16:28:02 EST 2004

"Jeff Stout" <jstout at ...12679...> writes:

> I have not thoroughly dug through the documentation yet,
> I was wondering if postgres 7.4.x is supported with
> Snort, I see numerous references to MySQL but nothing
> so far for postgres.
>
> Does anyone have any experience installing and using
> postgress for the database with snort.

Yep, got it running here. There's a little bit of postgresql specific
config, but other than that you just need to change the database type
in snort.conf (and acid, or base's config files if appropriate.)

I migrated from mySQL to postgres I'm afraid, so I don't have a
complete install procedure. I think I just googled for "postgresql
ACID snort" or something like that.

Postgres optimisations for ACID:

http://acidlab.sourceforge.net/acid_faq.html#faq_b9

cheers,
 Jamie
--
James Riden / j.riden at ...11179... / Systems Security Engineer