[Snort-users] perl preprocessor plugin?

Brian bmc at ...950...
Thu Nov 18 12:47:21 EST 2004

On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 12:07:30PM -0800, Cliff Massey wrote:
> There used to be a perl preprocessor for snort called snort-perl.
> Has this been discontinued? Does anyone know if there is a way to
> use a perl script as a preprocessor? This would be very useful.

snort-perl was never a preprocessor. snort-perl is a detection plugin
only ever available as a patch.

Jeff & I wrote it a few years ago.  It is a little out of date, but
still useful.

I'm currently working on a replacement for it that is much more
advanced, but don't expect to see my replacement for another few
months.  If you ask very nicely, I'll update snort-perl to work with
2.3.0RC1 (which should be out shortly).

Brian