[Snort-users] HSC can not connect to snort database!

dogfart big dogfartbig at ...131...
Thu Nov 18 05:17:07 EST 2004

Hi I setup all my snort + snortsam + mysql + acid infrastructure on my Linux box. I find inreresting tool for analyzing snort logs at activex.org.
Honeyput Security Console (HSC)

I set ip tables on my linux and allow mysql 3306 port from my winxp station.

I try to connect on snort database but I get an error.

I sniff the traffic and see that hsc send "username + @computerdomainname" instead of username and of course access for this user is denied.Which I can see from decoded communication.

I know that i can create user "username + @computerdomainname" and give a grant to snort database but is there option to send just "username" that i put in the first dialogue box? I must recreate user every time I change my Win XP computer name.

Anyone solv this?

Regards
Dogfartbig

http://mail.yahoo.com