[Snort-users] Snort and MySQL on Slackware 10

Richard Feldmann rhun at ...12672...
Wed Nov 17 10:01:04 EST 2004

I trying to get Snort to compile with MySQL on my Slack 10 box. My MySQL
install is the Slack 10 standard, and my configure line is:

./configure --with-mysql=/usr/include/mysql

The config.log keeps saying that mysql is not found. I've also tried just
--with-mysql, and many other variations but I keep getting the same
message. I assume that it's looking for mysql.h, which is present under
/usr/include/mysql.

Is there anything that I should be looking at? The output of "snort -c
/etc/snort/snort.conf":

database: compiled support for ( )
database: configured to use mysql
database: 'mysql' support is not compiled into this build of snort

ERROR: If this build of snort was obtained as a binary distribution (e.g.,
rpm,
or Windows), then check for alternate builds that contains the necessary
'mysql' support.

If this build of snort was compiled by you, then re-run the
the ./configure script using the '--with-mysql' switch.
For non-standard installations of a database, the '--with-mysql=DIR'
syntax may need to be used to specify the base directory of the DB install.

See the database documentation for cursory details (doc/README.database).
and the URL to the most recent database plugin documentation.
Fatal Error, Quitting..

Thanks,
Richard