[Snort-users] slow transfers from a samba share

Daniel Struck community at ...12669...
Mon Nov 15 22:37:01 EST 2004

I found the cause. It is not snort but the wireless card driver. If i put the wireless card manually in promiscous mode I get the same slow transfer rates.
It is the Hermes PCMCIA card support in kernel v2.6.9-gentoo-r3.

Will try out if linux-wlan-ng gives the same result.

Daniel