[Snort-users] Re: Snort-users digest, Vol 1 #4708 - 6 msgs

SN ORT snort_on_acid at ...131...
Fri Nov 12 08:02:03 EST 2004

Matt,
Best answer I've seen yet. Might I ask why everyone
has to attach all 1000 lines of Jeremiah's post, just
to make a comment? And what kind of answer is RTFM? Or
RTFWM? "Read the fricken winsnort manual"? It's
obviously a simple unicode error.

Jeremiah, I would also suggest that you use Google to
find solutions. Google is our friend. Look, Snort is
good at giving you pretty clear evidence as to what is
going wrong. A quick search on Google for the error
returned by Snort came up with 141 results, such as
this one, which reflects Matt's answer:

http://lists.virus.org/snort-users-0403/msg00543.html

This list is full of a bunch of SPAM! Use <snip>,
<snip> is our friend.

Cheese!

Marc

>--__--__--

>Message: 6
>Subject: RE: [Snort-users] HELP!!! HELP!!! HELP!!!
>Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 08:41:59 -0600
>From: "Matthew K. Lee" <mattl at ...12405...>
>To: "Jeremiah J Batac" <jjbatac at ...131...>
>Cc: <snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
>
>Jeremiah,
>
>I think you may be missing your Unicode.map file.
Try >to place that
>file where it needs to be.  If that doesn't work, you
>might try to
>comment out the http_inspect lines to see if you have
>a configuration
>problem there.  If that still doesn't work, you may
>want to post your
>snort.conf file to the list.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Matt