[Snort-users] Event Cache

Paul McMonagle paul at ...9347...
Tue Nov 9 07:06:03 EST 2004

Greetings,

I am currently running snort on a Suse 9.0 box. I am logging to a mysql
database. I use acid to parse the logs and generate events. Lately
however, I've run into somewhat of a snag. My event cache is becoming
too large. When I attempt to delete the generated alerts (most false
positives.) The "clear event cache" button only gives me a time out
request. Is there a way to clear the event log without using the web
interface?

Thanks for your help in advance. I'm new to the whole snort business.

Paul McMonagle
Network Security
Dallas Baptist University
ext: 8823