[Snort-users] Using alert_unixsock

Joshua Berry jberry at ...11848...
Mon Nov 8 12:17:40 EST 2004

Has anyone on the list used perl in combination with the alert_unixsock
output module for snort?

If so could I see some of the code, I am having some issues.  Also, do
you have to manually create the socket, snort fails if I don't create
the socket myself giving this error:
	/var/log/snort/snort_alert file doesn't exist or isn't writable!

I saw that someone had posted that on BSD systems you have to create the
socket file yourself but I am using a linux box.

System profile:

Slackware Linux 10.0, Snort 2.2.0

Josh Berry | CISSP GCIA
Information Security
214-765-1296

If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked.
What's more, you deserve to be hacked.
     -- (Former) White House Cybersecurity adviser Richard Clarke